Bachelor- / Master Thesis: Development of a Bistable Shape Memory Folding Actuator
The job is a Bachelor/Master thesis opportunity at the Institute for Microstructure Technology (IMT). The thesis will involve the development and investigation of a novel bistable shape memory folding actuator. The actuator will be designed, fabricated, and characterized to determine its mechanical and electrical performance. The thesis can be written in either German or English. The contract duration is 3-6 months.
- Conduct research on novel concepts of origami-inspired cooperating foldable shape memory alloy (SMA) microactuators
- Design a novel SMA folding actuator with a bistable mechanical folding support
- Fabricate components using microfabrication technology and 3D printing
- Shape-set the SMA folding actuator
- Build a characterization setup to determine the mechanical and electrical performance of the actuator
- Field of study: Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- Knowledge in actuator technology, microfabrication technology, and CAD is beneficial
- Good team spirit and capability of independent self-motivated work
Verweise auf baito
Du findest gut, was wir machen? Du kannst uns dabei unterstützen. Gib bei deiner Bewerbung an, dass du die Stelle bei baito gefunden hast.