Officer, Multinational Enterprises and Enterprise Engagement
The position is located in the Multinational Enterprises and Enterprise Engagement unit (MULTI) which is part of the Sustainable Enterprise, Productivity and Just Transition Department (ENTERPRISES). ENTERPRISES’ overall mission is the promotion of sustainable enterprises of all sizes and forms, which are a principal source of growth, wealth creation, employment, and decent work. To this end, the Department collaborates with and supports the ILO’s tripartite constituents through advisory services and development cooperation. It is organized around four units: Cooperatives, Multinational Enterprises and Enterprises Engagement, Small and Medium Enterprises and Social Finance; and technical specialists are based in Decent Work Technical Support Teams (DWTs) in all Regions. ENTERPRISES is part of the Jobs and Social Protection (JSP) policy cluster, along with the Department on Universal Social Protection (SOCPRO) and the Department on Employment Policy, Job Creation and Livelihoods (EMPLOYMENT). MULTI supports ILO constituents and enterprises, especially multinational enterprises, to make better use of the guidance provided by the ILO Tripartite Declaration of Principles concerning Multinational Enterprises and Social Policy (MNE Declaration) and its operational tools to advance inclusive economic growth and sustainable and responsible business practices. Action areas include policy advice on Responsible Business Conduct (RBC), sustainable trade, investment, and supply chains at the global, regional and country levels, and technical support, mainly through development cooperation projects. Through the ILO Helpdesk for Business on international labour standards, MULTI directly supports companies that seek to align their policies and practices more closely with principles of the international labour standards/MNE Declaration, including when conducting due diligence. MULTI supports investment promotion agencies in aligning investment attraction and facilitation more closely with national decent work priorities, in collaboration UNCTAD, UNIDO, WAIPA and other international organizations. MULTI also collaborates with other international organizations that have RBC instruments, frameworks and initiatives, in particular the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises on Responsible Business Conduct.
- Provide technical and policy support in the areas of sustainable enterprises, responsible business, environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards, due diligence, sustainable FDI, trade and supply chains
- Undertake analyses to identify decent work priorities and needs
- Contribute to the formulation of strategies and policies for an enabling environment for business contribution to decent work and social justice
- Experience in supporting sustainable enterprises and responsible business practices
- Knowledge of environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards
- Understanding of due diligence, sustainable foreign direct investment (FDI), trade, and supply chains
- Ability to conduct analyses and identify decent work priorities
- Experience in formulating strategies and policies for business contribution to decent work and social justice
- Opportunity to work in a multinational organization
- Contribute to the promotion of sustainable enterprises and responsible business practices
- Collaborate with international organizations and stakeholders
Verweise auf baito
Du findest gut, was wir machen? Du kannst uns dabei unterstützen. Gib bei deiner Bewerbung an, dass du die Stelle bei baito gefunden hast.